Register by the end of February 1st, and the early-bird rate is still in effect. Only $395 gets you three nights lodging, all lunches and dinners, and all workshops! It’s the deal of the year!
We are excited to announce two of our workshop hosts for 2017…
- Elee Kraljii Gardiner. She founded and directs Thursdays Writing Collective. She is the editor and publisher of seven anthologies from the Collective and the coeditor with John Asfour of V6A: Writing from Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside (Arsenal Pulp Press, 2012). A book of poetry, serpentine loop, is new from Anvil Press in spring 2016. (More about her)
- Krystal Yee is a professional writer and blogger. With over 8 years of professional experience in marketing, communications, and writing, my career has spanned a variety of different industries. From ghost writing in the provincial government, event coordinating for a professional hockey team, to marketing cold water survival gear – I’ve done just about everything. These experiences have given me the ability to easily adapt, learn quickly, and hit the ground running in any new working environment.
That’s right! Save the date. Once again we will be at the Banner Mountain Lodge, although now in the Spring. April 27th (Thursday) to April 30th (Sunday).
Our format will be similar to that of previous years.
Workshop hosts yet to be announced….!
After five years of annual Rural Writers Retreats in Smithers, we’ve decided to let 2015 be a fallow year. We will not be organizing a retreat this year.
Don’t hesitate to set aside a long weekend in late September for your own personal retreat! And, of course, if any of you is feeling moved to organize your own event, go for it! We could advertise it to our whole list.
We’ll miss you! Thanks so much, and stay tuned for 2016…
– RWR Organizing Committee (Amanda, Kim, Sheila, Melissa, Morgan…)
Things are coming together for out 2014 retreat. Our writer-hosts will be Donna Kane, David Leach and Martin Crosbie. For more about each of them, see our Retreat Details page.
Registration is not possible yet, but we’re hoping to open it on June 1st.
As before, our venue will be the great Banner Mountain Lodge!
The Saturday night public reading is a regular feature of our annual writers’ retreat. This event is at 7 pm on Sept. 28 at Banner Mountain Lodge in Smithers, BC. The public is welcome to attend.
IN ADDITION, our featured hosts will be giving other readings across the North:
Eden Robinson – fiction: Monkey Beach and Blood Sports
- Smithers: 12 pm (noon) Thursday, Sept. 26
Northwest Community College, 3966 2nd Avenue
Daniela Elza – poetry: Milk Tooth Bane Bone and The Weight of Dew
- Prince George: 7 pm Wednesday, Sept. 25
Books & Company, 1685 3rd Avenue
- Terrace: 7 pm Sunday, Sept. 29
Green Blossom Studio (greenblossomstudio.wordpress.com), 2406 Pear St., Terrace B.C. For more info, contact Joan Conway email@example.com
- Smithers: 12 pm (noon) Monday, Sept. 30
Smithers Public Library, 3817 Alfred Avenue
Laura Robinson – journalism and sports writing: Cyclist Bike List
- Smithers: 4 pm Sunday Sept 29
McBike & Sport, 1191 Main Street
- Prince George: 7 pm Oct. 2
Books & Company, 1685 3rd Avenue
We’ve closed registration at this point for the 2013 retreat. The wait-list is no longer available.